Senior Support Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Support Engineer to help build and support our rapidly expanding IoT installed-base. You will be part of a dynamic team of motivated engineers delivering mission critical infrastructure in a growing IoT sector within smart-cities and major parking actors.
As a Senior Support Engineer
- Responsible for first and second line support towards customers worldwide.
- Analyze, solve, dispatch and coordinate on all trouble tickets and mails within SLA times, interfacing with customers on one hand and L3 R&D support on the other hand.
- Make sure that all issues are solved within the service-SLA's with regard to NPS, response times, time to repair and with a minimum of impact for the end-users.
- Monitor the health of the installed base – monitor and review the installed base configuration and adapt where required. Pro- actively check the installed base and detect potential issues.
- Inform customers continuously on the status of the problem in respect of the customer service level agreement.
- Operate the trouble ticketing tool generating KPI reports monthly and quarterly.
- Support system engineering with regression testing of new platform SW updates and bug fixes before introduction in life environment.
- Maintain documentation of projects and installations under support.
- Provide training to customers.
- Responsible for handover and acceptance of a project from technical delivery manager before launch.
- Must be willing to travel on-site, as required.
- BS/MS degree in Engineering.
Desired Profile, Skills, and Experience
5+ years in relevant support and customer facing roles.
- Friendly, customer–oriented, enthusiastic.
- Solution oriented, self–learner.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, measure feasibility and consequences.
- Ability to engage with other people and work jointly towards a solution.
- Meticulous and systematic approach, process oriented.
- Good analytical skills to identify and understand the needs, making a good diagnosis before troubleshooting.
- You have a proven experience in customer relationship. The customer is in the heart of all your actions and you have a commercial flair.
- A “can do” individual and team-player, able to handle high pressure situations.
- Technical Skills:
- Linux, shell script, MySQL/PostgreSQL/MongoDB database operation.
- Web server configuration and analysis of virtual hosts.
- TCP/IP, UDP.
- Web errors analysis.
- Logs analysis capabilities.
- Ability to reproduce and provide relevant information related to incidents.
- Presentation skills.
- Testing – a ‘critical’ mindset, applying an analytical approach to the system tested prior to accepting a release for introduction in the field.
- Willingness and ability to dive into the system and identify errors, communicating errors internally and follow up diligently to resolution.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to discuss and negotiate delivery milestones internally and externally, and follow up on delivery of such milestones.
- Proficiency in Dutch, French and English.
Discover our offer!
A dynamic working environment where you can develop your full potential by working with highly skilled colleagues and through continuous training
If there's a match in the making, you will be invited for a first interview...