System and Project Engineer
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help build out, test and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding IoT installed-base. You will be part of a dynamic team of motivated engineers delivering mission critical infrastructure in a growing IoT sector within smart-cities. Qualified candidates will have a background in systems engineering and analysis.
- Managing several projects in parallel and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining sensors, operating systems, and system management tools.
- Responsible for end-to-end project delivery from technical sales support, through implementation and system engineering, testing of the solution with customer and launch.
- Must be willing to travel on-site extensively, as required.
BS/MS degree in Engineering
Desired Profile, Skills and Experience
5+ years in relevant system engineering and deployment roles with customer facing position.
- A "can do" individual and team player, able to handle high pressure situations.
- Technical skills:
- Linux administration, shell script, MySQL/PostgreSQL/MongoDB database operation
- TCP/IP, UDP
- Logs analysis capabilities
- System testing - a 'critical' mindset, applying an analytical approach to system tested prior to handover and acceptance-testing with customer.
- Willingness and ability to dive into the system and identify errors, communicating errors internally and follow up diligently to resolution.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to discuss and negotiate delivery milestones internally and externally, and follow up on delivery of such milestones.
- Proficiency in English, Dutch, and French.
Ref : System Engineer
Founded in 2014, CommuniThings is a pioneer of LPWAN (Low Power wide area network) smart parking.
Our mission is to alleviate lenghtly parking search - a key contributor of traffic congestion.
Our turnkey IoT platform includes wireless sensors and a solution suite assisting commuters to find available parking while optimizing steward control of parking violation and informing parking managers of related usage patterns.
Join us on this digital journey and experience smart-parking first hand!